Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The Bishop’s Visit

Thank you for your prayers, the boys arrived home safe and happy. And, sorry mom for not calling you to let you know.

We got up early on Sunday morning and made it to church. It was a beautiful Hierarchical Liturgy, I enjoy Bishop Benjamin very much, and he’s very kind, Christ-like and has a wonderful sense of humor. I love the Feast of the Transfiguration it features incredible hymnography, and we had a small basket of fruit blessed (it was mostly blueberries)

The weather was perfect for the fish fry – I didn’t have any as I don’t eat fish, but the boys did and I took a plate home for Eddie to enjoy as well. There was also lovely vegan coleslaw with vinegar that was just a perfect side dish.

The kids were kind of ready to be back home and get settled in, so we left before I was able to help with the dishes (shhhhhhhh). I will help next time though.

Last night, I had a lovely Indian dinner with an online friend who was visiting from New York state, and then put her on the train to head back to Seattle to continue her visit with her daughter. She’s thinking of moving to our fair state, and our state would be positively impacted by having her here, so hopefully that all works out.

It’s a quiet Tuesday here – I hope you are enjoying your Tuesdays as well. The Mariners finally won again last night after dropping a three game series to the As. And the Dodgers are having a nice streak as well. It’s all good.

7 Comments:

At 8:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

All sounds good... and tasty.

 
At 9:42 PM , Blogger Elizabeth said...

Have I told you I once saw Bishop Benjamin on the MUNI in San Francisco (light rail)? I'd never known of an Orthodox bishop to use public transportation! Good for him! I really liked him the one time I heard him speak.

 
At 6:28 AM , Blogger Harmonia said...

Glad they are home! Enjoy the family time now that they are home!

 
At 8:18 AM , Blogger Suzanne said...

Mimi...do you like the St. Louis Cardinals? Shane just got the chance last Sunday to go to St. Louis and see them play! Free ticket...everything
...lucky kid! :) Oh and I also love the Transfiguration of the Lord! Blueberries too! :) You don't like any fish???

 
At 4:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

just checking in! sounds like you are having fun Mimi!!! the corn is making my mouth water. my favorite veggie!

 
At 9:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jessen is so sad the his cousins are gone. Ever Carter was getting used to them. He really liked Xavy. Their visit was too short. You need to come down now for some family time!

 
At 11:57 AM , Blogger Renee said...

I agree with you about the hymnography for the Transfiguration. We have blessed grapes on this feast day. Celebrating the First Fruits.

Anyway, sounds like you are enjoying the summer ~ keep it up!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home