Tuesday, May 27, 2008

By popular demand, I did get a chance to work on some cards and scrapbook pages. First, the cards: I used CTMH papers and a lovely stamp set I just got. I incorporated the flower technique from the SU workshop, and think these turned out lovely.

Then using a Jenni Bowlin
kit for papers, and a layout from the May CK published by Deanna Misner, I made this lovely page from the first time Dawn and I met Presbytera Elizabeth and Xenia Katie.

Thanks for the compliments; I always enjoy sharing my work! I hope you had a great Memorial Day weekend, if you are in the states. I not only scrapped but finished a book , read two more, watched the Mariners lose (repeatedly), enjoyed the sun, and heard some exciting extended family news. All in all, a good weekend

22 Comments:

At 3:07 PM , Blogger Xenia Kathryn said...

I love your work, and especially your "blog" page :) How cool!

 
At 5:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are really pretty. And your newly-read books look very interesting.

 
At 6:14 PM , Blogger Athanasia said...

Very nice work Mimi. Do you sell your cards?

 
At 7:32 PM , Blogger Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

Your layout looks super cute, and so do your cards! :)

 
At 7:41 AM , Blogger EC Gefroh said...

Beautiful Mimi! You are so talented.

 
At 8:50 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

love it!

 
At 1:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an absolute delight to me it was to return home today to find one of your handcrafted cards had winged it all the way to little ole me here in England!

Mimi, thank you from the bottom of my heart, for remembering my forthcoming birthday and for taking the time and trouble to post me such an absolutely BEAUTIFUL Birthday Card!

I have put it back in the envelope until Sunday when i will open it all over again and be once more absolutely thrilled and delighted at your kindness and your talent

:-)

 
At 9:57 PM , Blogger Matt said...

Cool!

 
At 8:10 AM , Blogger Rosemary said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend.

 
At 11:38 AM , Blogger Lauren S. said...

what a great weekend! i love the blog page too.

 
At 8:05 PM , Blogger Martha said...

Gosh, I wish I could've joined ya'll....what an awesome page and beautiful cards!

 
At 10:26 AM , Blogger Janelle said...

What gorgeous cards--and I love your blogger's layout! Wish I could meet you someday--we should have an East Coast/West Coast bloggers get-together! We could meet in...oh...Kansas??? LOLOL!

 
At 2:01 PM , Blogger Cha said...

Lovely!

 
At 7:04 PM , Blogger sue @ postcards from paradise falls said...

great cards!!! and what a fun layout!!

i'm going to ckc tomorrow and i'm SOOOOO excited!! we don't have ANY scrapbook stores here, so i'm prepared to shop!

 
At 3:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your work is lovely.. thank you so much for posting it. And I hope you're digging the CD!

 
At 8:29 AM , Blogger elizabeth said...

enjoyed seeing this!

 
At 12:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

your cards are just beautiful! love the design! also love your blog page. I hope to be able to create more in the next week -school will be out! :)

 
At 2:01 PM , Blogger ::Sylvia:: said...

I love the cards! How awesome that you all were able to meet up!


Off topic: Join us in a swap I'm having over at my blog! www.orthodoxmom.blogspot.com!

 
At 3:30 PM , Blogger Cristina M. said...

WOW! I wish I can be as creative and crafty as you. I enjoyed your post!

 
At 3:13 PM , Blogger Mimi said...

Thanks, everyone. Philippa, you are too sweet, my cards aren't that good.

 
At 7:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am the proud recipient of a mimi & family scrapbook, sent when my beautiful emma was born.
I actually have been reluctant to write in it because it's too pretty.
jess (emma's mama)

 
At 2:45 PM , Blogger Mimi said...

Oh, Jess, thank you for the sweet words, I can't belive how big and darling your Emma is! Happy First Birthday

And, Janelle, I'm totally on for Kansas.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home