Yeah, it wasn't pretty.. Dodgers' season ends with loss to Mets
Los Angeles rallies hard as always, but can't avoid sweep
But, what was pretty was the trip to the Symphony. I saw lots of people I knew, and we enjoyed a night of Russian composers. It ended with the 1812 Overture, and as the last strain sounded, Xavier asked "Did the Russians win?" and I said "yes" and he pumped his fist in the air and said "Yay!"

7 Comments:
As much as I love watching the Big Unit and Mussina (even if they have both gone to the dark side), it was a beautiful site to see the Yanks go down.
Deb
Well -- in the interest of friendship, I'll sympathize. But like most Mets fans, I've never forgiven Dem Bum Dodgers for deserting Brooklyn. After all, they got their name from dodging trolleys on the way to Ebbets Field!
Sorry about your Dodgers losing. :-(
Poor Dodgers! :(
1812 Overture, wow that brings back memories. My Dad was a factory worker, but he had (still has) a real love of classical music. He would play the 1812 at full blast and we lived on one of the largest housing estates in the world which was totally uncultured. Thanks for the memory :-)
Sara and I saw the 1812 performed at the Hollywood Bowl with a real cannon they raised up in front of the orchestra, it was actually "played" by one of the members of the percussion section. Of course they topped the whole thing off with fireworks...it was cool!
I like going to baseball games, i don't care who's playing as long as they have beer, hot dogs, peanuts, and good people to watch it with.
Sorry about the Dodgers, but how about those Tigers!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home