Wednesday, April 27, 2005

I Smell Like Roses - yes, I am aware of the scatological implications of making a statement such as that. However, I cannot shake this rose smell for the past few days.

I kind of like it - not just because I like roses (which I do) and that they remind me of my departed Grandmother (may her Memory be Eternal) and my best friend (hi Kate!); but because I think that the source of the rose smell is church on Sunday. We were anointed with oil on Palm Sunday, and our oil this year had a strong rose smell. Or maybe it was the roses mixed in with the palms all over the church. And, one of those roses came home with me and is sitting in my kitchen window with some of the tulips from the garden. So, the rational part of me knows that the smell probably got onto my purse, which comes to the office with me...

But, the more mystical part of me thinks that it is a Holy Week gift. The angels who surround me reminding me of the Passion and the blessedness of this week. There are life storms going on (see my previous post and of course all the work issues that always are present) but that my work this week is to be paying attention to Holy Week also.

A Blessed Holy Wednesday to you, and may you smell roses today and every day as well.

1 Comments:

At 10:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh how beautiful to continue to smell the Holy Myrrh. It smelled so good after being blessed with it I rubbed it in and smelled my fingertips as I fell asleep that night.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home