
A small sea urchin warns sailors about good or stormy weather. When it
senses a storm, it attaches itself beneath a large rock so as not to be
swayed. By this example, there is nothing that God neglects. If God does not
abandon the urchin, then He will also embrace each of our lives with the
same loving care.
St. Basil the Great
Photo from Humboldt State.

10 Comments:
There is another meaning for the word "urchin", an unfortunate child. We can thus read this as "God shall not abandon this unfortunate child (His Church), no matter what we do".
Interesting word-play, wot? He is greater (and more caring) than you think!
Vara
Wow... beautiful, Mimi. Thanks.
That's really neat. Thanks for sharing it!
where did you find that?
Beautiful Mimi! BTW, it hurts like the dickens when you step on one of them.
1) Beautiful.
2) I did not know this about urchins.
3) St. Basil is so cool. His writing regarding insects helped us in dealing with a wasp problem.
--an urchin named herman.
great sentiment!! and a cool pic!
I loved this one! And that picture is beautiful as well.
Vara - very, very good point about urchin. Something for me to think about.
Sara - check your email, I passed along where I got it.
Herman - what did St. Basil say about wasps?
Esther - I have discovered that as well. Yeouch!
Thank you for your kind words!
Lovely Mimi,
I stumbled upon your blog from another lady's.
How much I needed to hear these words today! Thank you, sister, for posting them.
Christ is in our midst!
Anna
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home