
Because, Nice Does Matter.
I’ve been nominated for the “Nice Matters” award three times, and it’s been a delight each time. I can’t say enough about how sweet Deb, Angie and Esther were with their words, and how touched I was.
“This award is for those bloggers who are nice people; good blog friends and those who inspire good feelings and inspiration. Also for those who are a positive influence on our blogging world. Once you’ve been awarded please pass on to seven others whom you feel are deserving of this award”.
I’ve been kicking this around since I’ve been nominated, as I really do believe that one of our goals in life, indeed the lesson I say to my kids all the time is to be “kind, polite, and appropriate” which really sums up niceness to me. I strive to put those words into action, and am happy when those around me do it back to me.
Now, I was behind a car with a bumper sticker the other day that said “When Mama Ain’t Happy, Nobody’s Happy.” I know it’s not a new slogan, but it’s one that I inherently disagree with. While I don’t believe that you subsume yourself and your needs to those around you, I also don’t believe that anyone has the right to intentionally make others unhappy just because of the place they occupy in the family, or because they are having a bad day. Admittedly, it is a fine line, but one that I believe can and should be walked, and that our society runs better if we all do it.
It’s always hard to make nominations, as I don’t want to leave anyone out, or tag someone who doesn’t want to be tagged. And, honestly, if I read your blog, I think you are nice, you know? But seven people who I’d like to shout out to are:
The sweet Annie who has a son with the sweetest face, and is the mom to a new sweet Pearl (does that name rock or what?)
My friend and fellow Durannie (and book lover), Anita
Matushka Emma who literally embodies nice with her “commitment to loveliness”
Irina who was so sweet to give me a shout out on my birthday, just nine days after giving birth
Elizabeth, my Welsh friend who also gave me a sweet shout out, and once sent me an icon of St. Cedd, as well as being an awesome mom.
Elizabeth who always leaves a kind word on my blog, and has one of the sweetest cats going
And, my awesome friend Dawn who I will see in two days, and made my birthday special! Love the Paul!
And, speaking of nice, I get to wish my awesome mother a Happy Birthday! Many Years, mom, I love you!

16 Comments:
Mimi,
you so kind and sweet. You are such a great friend.
Couldn't have happened to a nicer person! Really.
Congrats.
You are nice! congratulations!
Nastiness is never in season, I say. That being said, the more we embody courtesy and good manners, the less evil can root in us. I agree with your nomination emphatically.
Ya pozdravlyat tebya! (I congratulate you!)
Vara
Aaawwww. Thank you! I've appreciated your many kind comments on my blog. Thank you for being with me from day one.
you are a very nice person, and you always have been.
My Mom's birthday was the 5th, as well.
That's a little freaky. .
Congratulations, Mimi! I think you're definitely well-deserving. ;-)
Mimi,
I am so glad you were nominated !
Thank you for your kind comments about me.
I`m sure I don`t deserve them, but thank you nonetheless !
And Many Years ! to your dear mother :-)
You truly deserve the NICE AWARD (and 3x at that). Thank you for always taking the time to leave such positive, kind words on my blog. AND for your homemade gifts and cards...! You are so thoughtful.
Well, this could not have gone to a better person as far as I am concerned.
Congratulations dear Mimi!!
Hugs going your way!
thank you so much Mimi - i would of never thought getting such an honour.
i must say that any niceness i have is from my Mother, so i dont really get much credit!
thank you for always being so kind and for visiting my blog - often you are the lone commentor and i appreciate your words and your thoughtfulness!
MANY years to your Mother! and Health and tons of God's blessings!
Happy Birthday to your Mum!
Well, shucks.
Thanks, Mimi. Actually when I saw that you thought I was a nice blogger I got a little teary eyed. I was feeling everything BUT nice. I was frustrated with my son, frustrated with my messy house and having a pity party. You encouraged me to snap out of it and be, well..nice. I will nominate some bloggers next week.
Have a great weekend and blessed Sunday, Mimi!
funny, i've never thought the "if mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy" saying was negative like that.
I know that when my mom isn't happy, i'm not happy because we have that connection, not because of any kind of intentional ruining. funny how sayings can sound so different to different people.
congrats, btw. :)
Hear hear! I wholeheartedly concur with the giving of this award!
Thanks Mimi, I appreciate you thinking of me, it certainly made my day much more cheerful! HUGS :):):)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home