Wednesday, December 24, 2008



It is snowing again, so I suspect I'll miss the Christmas Eve and Christmas Liturgies. I find that when I am not participating in our worship, it seems so ephemeral, so far away. But on this snowy Chistmas Eve, I offer my favorite Christmas Hymn and prayers for a Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Christ is Born! Glorify Him!

What shall we offer You, O Christ,
Who for our sakes have appeared on earth as a man?
Every creature made by You offers You thanks:
the Angels offer a hymn; the heavens, a star;
the Wise Men, gifts; the shepherds, their wonder;
the earth, its cave; the wilderness, a manger,
and we offer You a virgin Mother!
O Pre-eternal God, have mercy on us!


Icon and Hymn from OCA website

16 Comments:

At 10:39 AM , Blogger Sarah - Kala said...

Merry Christmas. Peace, Sarah

 
At 10:51 AM , Blogger Lady of the Mote said...

Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas.

 
At 10:54 AM , Blogger Pres. Kathy said...

Have a blessed Christmas! Christ is Born! Glorify Him!

 
At 1:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christ is born! Glorify Him!
Merry, merry Christmas!

 
At 1:28 PM , Blogger Liz in Seattle said...

Have a wonderful, white Christmas. Christ is Born! Glorify Him!

With love,
Liz & family

 
At 2:52 PM , Blogger Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Blessed Feast to you and yours, dear Mimi :-)

 
At 3:10 PM , Blogger EC Gefroh said...

I heard you got more snow. Stay safe but enjoy it for me :-)
Merry Christmas Mimi!!

 
At 4:45 PM , Blogger RW said...

May you and your family experience a joyful feast of the Nativity of the Lord. We don't have far to go - we are the local ones.. but I expect there will be few people at Vespers tonight.

 
At 6:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a very Merry and snowy Christmas :) Thanks for the Christmas Card. Our is going to be mailed out in the New Year.

 
At 8:44 PM , Blogger Mimi said...

We made it! Thank you so much for your kind festal wishes. Merry Christmas.

 
At 9:25 PM , Blogger Alicia said...

Christ is born!
Glorify him!

I am grateful that you are part of my webfamily.

 
At 7:15 AM , Blogger Laura said...

Christ is Born!

Thank you for the Christmas letter. Your boys are getting so big!

 
At 11:26 AM , Blogger The Clearys said...

Christ is born! Glorify Him! Hope you had a wonderful feast of the Nativity!

 
At 11:29 PM , Blogger @iriyna_irina said...

Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year!

 
At 10:14 AM , Blogger Renee said...

Christ is Born! Glorify Him! Wishing you and your family a blessed Christmas Season!

 
At 6:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you and your family had a joyous Christmas!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home