Saturday, August 02, 2008

It is the most wonderful time of the year! . I have just finished putting up several cups of blueberries in the freezer (perpetuating the myth that there will still be some left in the winter), made a pie for tomorrow's potluck after church, and have eaten more than my fair share today. As have both of the boys.

Yum

18 Comments:

At 6:20 PM , Blogger EC Gefroh said...

ha! I am doing the same thing. My niece was helping and I believe lots of them went into her mouth instead of the freezer ;-)

 
At 4:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmmm...not blueberry season here, so I am rather envious. :) Enjoy!

 
At 7:14 AM , Blogger FlipFlop Mom said...

OH YUM!!! my son would eat all the blueberries before I could get them up!! so I have to sneak!! tee hee!!

 
At 9:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yummm! I have to admit that my favorite fruit is any kind of berry (or cherry) outside of raspberries - which I don't care for, oddly enough. Other fruits are fine, I just don't care for them.

Congratulations on the fine blueberry crop! I recently indulged in some wonderful Bing cherries from Washington state... considering what they cost in Indiana I am afraid there will be no more - but they were wonderful.

Catherine K.

 
At 12:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need to do that, too. I just bought a large container of organic blueberries for a great price. I should have bought more to freeze.

 
At 2:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

yummies :)

 
At 4:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum! I LOVE blueberries! Save a piece of that pie for me. :-)

 
At 5:52 PM , Blogger Athanasia said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely!

Enjoy!

 
At 7:19 PM , Blogger elizabeth said...

nice! summer fruit is such a blessing!

 
At 7:32 AM , Blogger Rosemary said...

Yummy, yummy! they look great!

 
At 8:08 AM , Blogger Rebeca said...

Yum ,yum, yum. We've been getting a few blueberries off our small bushes, but I'm looking forward to going to pick a lot to put up. Soon.
You are the new owner of a butterfly apron! Can you email me with your address so I can get it in the mail for you?
Have a great day!

 
At 10:05 AM , Blogger Martha said...

They're so good for you just the way God made 'em. Enjoy!

 
At 2:07 PM , Blogger Suzanna said...

Oh, those look so lovely! Our blueberry bushes seldom produce much, or at least we don't get many. They are planted in a row along the edge of our property, and I suspect that critters get to them before we do.

 
At 3:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So have you started taking online-bets yet? Allowing us, your readers, to wager as to when ALL of the blueberries will have mysteriously disappeared from the freezer?

Put me down for October 17th.

 
At 11:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too funny! I did the EXACT same thing today!! I try to freeze enough to get us through the winter months...Blueberry muffins in December!!

 
At 1:28 PM , Blogger Mimi said...

Oh Suzanne, I agree - our bushes don't produce much. Well, actually they do, but the deer get there first.

And, Stephanie - you have far better self discipline than I, there is NO WAY I'll have blueberries for muffins in December. In fact, I think that Herman (whose bet made me giggle) is overestimating my willpower with a mid-October date.

Esther - a lot went into my mouth too, and of course, Karen, there's a piece of pie for you!

Thank you everyone.

 
At 1:28 PM , Blogger Mimi said...

And, Rebeca - really? That's so awesome! I'm very excited!

 
At 6:45 AM , Blogger ::Sylvia:: said...

Yummy! We're still enjoying ours here too, though we've had them for much longer than you guys. :) Enjoy!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home