Friday, August 21, 2009

A Woman’s Daybook for Friday, August 21, 2009

Outside my window...It is overcast and rainy – I love when it is hot a few days, and then cools down and rains for a day or two. It is the perfect way to summer.
I am thinking...about going to the Trader Joe’s Opening Day bash today, but a bit worried that it will be crowded.
I am thankful for...the way that the X-man jumped into helping at our parish’s VBS this week, and how cute it was that a little girl attached herself to him.
From the learning rooms…the X-man goes back to school after Labor Day, and needs to go through his school supplies and make a list from which we will go school shopping soon.
From the kitchen...I roasted eggplant on Wednesday night and had a lovely Fougasse (I substituted it for the Red Pepper in this recipe). But, sadly, my baking stone broke.
I am wearing... a black t-shirt, a skirt with a floral pattern in blue and green on a black background, my favorite black Clark sandals.
I am creating...I am going to a card class tomorrow, and then cropping afterwards – it’ll be nice, I have several baby gifts to finish up, and some cards I need to make.
I am going...grocery shopping this evening.
I am reading...1921 by Morgan Llywelyn. I read the first one earlier this year, and I am looking forward to the entire series. I am embarrassed to admit, although I'd read several by this author, prior to this year I though that Llewellyn was male.
I am hoping...that the Oldest gets serious about finding a job.
I am hearing...my new favorite song is Franz Ferdinand’s No You Girls. But, I’m actually listening to the pregame show.
Around the house...I desprately need to clean the bathrooms and vacuum. I think that’ll be tomorrow evening’s project.
One of my favorite things…new babies. I have a cousin, and a good friend who both are enjoying their new little ones, and I’m greatly enjoying the photos.
A few plans for the rest of the week..cropping tomorrow, a visit with the Mousethief Gang on Sunday.

9 Comments:

At 6:10 PM , Blogger Janelle said...

There's just nothing better than a new baby--esp. when it's someone else's, LOL!

I have never read anything by Llewellyn, I'll have to check her out.

That is too cute about the X-man's little admirer. Hope he is healing up okay--glad he was a help during VBS!

 
At 6:40 PM , Blogger elizabeth said...

sounds like a lot of good things here. It is hard to believe another summer is drawing to a close.

We are so blessed to have books, such good food and routines. Have a great weekend.

 
At 6:47 PM , Blogger Michelle M. said...

I am so sad because my favorite black Clarks don't fit on my swollen feet! My feet only fit in my cheapo flip-flops :)

 
At 5:55 AM , Blogger Martha said...

I bet you're going to LOVE having a Trader Joe's so close...

Have fun today at the cardmaking class...wish I could join you!

 
At 11:18 AM , Blogger Suzanna said...

I had never heard of Fougasse before. I will have to try that, especially since my dh's Japanese eggplants are loaded with ripe fruit.

As usual, you have lots of good and interesting things going on simultaneously.

 
At 11:36 PM , Blogger Amy Ulen said...

I'm so glad you were able to come over and "play" today! Although I was busy, I really did have a great time hanging out with my friends!

 
At 5:14 AM , Blogger Sugar Lump Studios said...

Hello Miss Mimi
I hope you are enjoying what is left of summer! :) The roasted eggplant sounds delicious...something I have not eaten yet this summer! :)

Happy Tuesday!

 
At 7:13 AM , Blogger @iriyna_irina said...

Happy Birthday, dear Mimi!

 
At 12:11 PM , Blogger Mimi said...

Thank you, Irina!

I agree, Janelle - especially the someone else's part at this time of my life!

Elizabeth - I agree, I'm always stunned by the fact that we go from the Dog Days of summer to hint of fall so quickly, and definitely by now.

Michelle - now that your sweet baby is here, my best wishes for lots of Clarks wearing!

Marfa - would you believe I *still* haven't made it there?

Susanna -yum! That'll be great with the eggplant.

And, Nancy! Mwah! HI!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home